NorduGrid ARC v0.4.4 Release Notes
October 20, 2004
The 0.4.4 release of the stable branch of the ARC middleware
has been uploaded to the repository.
Go to the download
section from the NorduGrid web page, or proceed directly to
This release fixes various minor bugs and should be backward
compatible with all the previous 0.4.x releases. Users of
earlier releases are advised to upgrade to this release.
The problems and the changes with respect to 0.4.3 are:
- Incomplete error messages shown by the
nordugrid-job-errors attribute – Bug #376.
Now display full content of the job.ID.failed with a limit
of max 100 characters for the nordugrid-job-errors LDAP
- nordugrid-job-usedcputime was wrongly reported for
FINISHED jobs with incomplete job.xxx.diag file – Bug #381.
- Fix for URL option in RLS URLs
- Support tabs in gridmap files
- Avoid situation when infomation about sessiondir is lost in
- Fix for "ambiguous redirect" error in fork submissions.
- Various PBS submit fixes.
- More robust qstat algorithm and shell command
line overflow protection in scan-pbs-job
- Avoid endless loop in case of inaccessible RLS.
- Properly pass link directory from input parameters
- ngls fixes:
- Fix name typo in usage message.
- Can return incomplete list.
- Avoid empty spaces/garbage in output.
- ngsub now treats inputfiles in RLS correctly in
- Fixes to avoid race conditions in Grid Manager.
- Remove C++ and gSoap warnings when compiling
- Globus RPM dependency updates (now requires at least
globus-2.4.3-10ng). Note that as of this writing
globus-2.4.3-13ng is the latest bugfix release in the 2.4.3 series.
- Fix ownership of job.#.input and job.#.output
- ngtest now uses public RLS (that is now stable) instead of
RC. Tests whether user is member of the NorduGrid
VO. Otherwise warns.
- Make the lifetime of the session directory clear in
- Change the gridftpd 125 responses to the safer 150
- Use proper date format in mails (Bug #432).
- The standalone package includes updated CA certificates from a prerelease of the EUGridPMA CA 0.24.