Release Notes for NorduGrid ARC 6.16.1
September 9, 2022
Release 6.16.0 was withdrawn due to some last minute changes. This release
includes all changes planned for 6.16.0 in addition to two more bugfixes
discovered just before the planned 6.16.0 release (4081 and 4076).
Highlights in this release
This release brings several improvements to ARC's WebDAV protocol implementation, and adds sending of trace information to Rucio when ARC downloads Rucio files.
In addition we have several bugfixes, and smaller improvements included as usual.
Note that support for CentOS 8 is dropped, as EPEL 8 no longer provides support for this version. We do provide CentOS Stream 8 and Rocky Linux 8 builds.
With this release we also support version 9 of CentOS Stream and Rocky Linux.
The following Bugzilla tickets have been adressed or solved
- 4081 Cancelled jobs not reported with proper exit code in ARC
- 4076 Debug output in the info.xml generation
- 4075 Change default SRM transfer protocol to HTTPS
- 4071 Send traces to Rucio
- 4070 Staging of plain https URL fails, indicating attempt to communicate over webdav
- 4065 Prevent overwrite of existing files via http/dav
- 4062 Augment webdav protocol support with checksum/digest/hash support
- 4036 Status of newly submitted REST jobs is "Other"
- 3983 arcctl config verify misses some fatal errors
- 3896 Allow setting BOINC project dir in arc.conf
- 3892 overwrite option for arccp
- 3244 Inconsistent ComputingService Name between gridftp and WS
The ARC 6 documentation can be found at this location.
If you miss something or have questions, please contact us!
Installing ARC 6
We recommend to install ARC release using the Nordugrid repository.
Note that if you instead install from EPEL for RHEL7 compatible systems,
the ARC 6 packages can be found as nordugrid-arc6-* and not nordugrid-arc-*.
This was needed in order to supply both ARC 5 already available for RHEL7 and the new ARC 6.
We provide binary builds for all supported versions of:
- Debian (i386 and amd64)
- Fedora (x86_64)
- RHEL/CentOS Linux/CentOS Stream/Rocky Linux (x86_64)
- Ubuntu (LTS and interim releases) on i386 and x86_64 where supported
In addition we build nightly packages for some older platforms.
You can submit pull requests to our public repo which mirrors
our GitLab repo.
The pull requests will be automatically copied over to our Gitlab repo where they will be
merged into the source-code if accepted.
Getting in touch
If you need help with the configuration file or have any other questions related to ARC 6, please contact us via
Support of ARC 5-series
ARC 5 is no longer supported.
To install ARC 6 from EPEL7 the package-names are of type: nordugrid-arc6-*
- Related to the new accounting system introduded in release 6.4.0:
- In Centos8 the openldap server is not installable because slapd is not available in the RHEL8 release (Bugzilla 3944).
As a consequence, the LDAP-based server-side information system interface of the ARC-CE will not be available either.
If interaction with the ARC-CE relies on LDAP-based information schemas (glue1.3 or nordugrid schema),
then we recommend that you stay with Centos7 for the time being.
- Accounting records created by ARC 6.4.0 are affected by a bug causing missing benchmark values.
Details can be found here.
Recommendations are to update to a newer version of ARC.
The bug report gives instructions on how to manually fix the wrong benchmark values.
Details of previous releases can be found at the ARC Releases page