Release Notes for NorduGrid ARC 6.15
March 16, 2022
Highlights in this release
In addition to a handful of smaller bugfixes and improvements, this release is mainly to distribute python3 related fixes in arcctl (Bugzilla 4018 and 4026).
In Centos8 the openldap server is now installable from the RHEL/CentOS 8 powertools repository (Bugzilla 3944).
The following Bugzilla tickets have been adressed or solved
- 4035 Validator to check syntax of benchmark option
- 4026 arcctl python3 error in deploy igtf-ca
- 4018 python3 bug with 6.12 accounting
- 3996 Validation of configuration blocks order
- 3974 cache info is not published
- 3944 Can't install ldap infosys in CentOS8
The ARC 6 documentation can be found at this location.
If you miss something or have questions, please contact us!
Installing ARC 6
We recommend to install ARC release using the Nordugrid repository.
Note that if you instead install from EPEL for RHEL7 compatible systems,
the ARC 6 packages can be found as nordugrid-arc6-* and not nordugrid-arc-*.
This was needed in order to supply both ARC 5 already available for RHEL7 and the new ARC 6.
We provide binary builds for all supported versions of:
- Debian (i386 and amd64)
- Fedora (x86_64)
- CentOS/RHEL (x86_64)
- Ubuntu: (i386 and amd64, both LTS and interim releases) - from Ubuntu 20.04 no i386 support
In addition we build nightly packages for some older platforms.
You can submit pull requests to our public repo which mirrors
our GitLab repo.
The pull requests will be automatically copied over to our Gitlab repo where they will be
merged into the source-code if accepted.
Getting in touch
If you need help with the configuration file or have any other questions related to ARC 6, please contact us via
Support of ARC 5-series
ARC 5 is no longer supported.
To install ARC 6 from EPEL7 the package-names are of type: nordugrid-arc6-*
- The arcctl deploy -e option is currently out of function due to an EGI server change.
- Related to the new accounting system introduded in release 6.4.0:
- Accounting records created by ARC 6.4.0 are affected by a bug causing missing benchmark values.
Details can be found here.
Recommendations are to update to a newer version of ARC.
The bug report gives instructions on how to manually fix the wrong benchmark values.
Details of previous releases can be found at the ARC Releases page