Release Announcement for NorduGrid ARC 15.03 update 5
November 19, 2015
This is a bugfix release, addressing several bugs discovered since release
NorduGrid ARC 15.03 has received an update to:
- core, clients, CE, Infosys and gridftp - from version 5.0.3 to 5.0.4
- documents - from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5
Nagios plugins, CAnL C++ and metapackages are unchanged.
The packages nordugrid-arc-gangliarc and nordugrid-arc-nagios are now available from Fedora and EPEL repositories as well.
ARC Server and core components
The following issues were fixed in the ARC core:
- The information from .statistics file is now propagated to the job log file.
- An issue was fixed where logrotation of ACIX caused /dev/null to be rotated and
consequently become a regular file.
- PBS scan can now handle job IDs without suffix.
The following issue was fixed in accounting:
- File transfer statistics are now included in usage records to SGAS.
The following issue was fixed in the ARC Clients:
- An issue where LFC replicas could not be listed with the GFAL plugin was fixed.
Common authentication library CaNL++
Since ARC 15.03 update 4, the following bugs were (partially) fixed:
- 3505 ACIX produces not only acix-cache.log, but also twistd.log
- 3506 PBS scan does not handle job IDs without suffix
- 3514 C++11 compatibility
- 3519 jura does not report transfer statistics
- There is a memory leak when using Java API for multiple job submission with
files to BES interface.
- The CPU time is not measured correctly for jobs that kill the parent
process, such as some agent-based/pilot (e.g., ALICE)
- JURA will not publish records to the APEL on a standard Debian/Ubuntu
system, because the python-dirq package is not available for them. The
workaround is to build this package from source.
- When using ARC client tools to submit jobs to CREAM, only JSDL can be used
to describe jobs, and the broker type must be set to Null in the client.conf
- ARC GUI (arcjobtool) is not available yet, pending implementation of client
- Standalone client tar-balls for Linux are not yet available.
- Bug 2905 is solved using workaround. Source of problem is not yet
- JURA cannot send/store local user ids
- A-REX can under some circumstances lose connection with CEinfo.pl and go into an infinite loop. The only current workaround is to restart the a-rex service.
- twistd, the underlying engine for ACIX, sometimes logs into rotated ACIX log files.
While all log messages are correctly logged in the main log file, some rotated log
files may receive new log messages.
ARC release 15.03u5 consists of the following source packages:
- NorduGrid ARC, version 5.0.4 (main components)
- NorduGrid ARC Documents version 2.0.5
- metapackages for client tools, computing element and information index,
- Nagios probes for ARC CE, version 1.8.4
- gangliarc - ARC Computing Element monitoring in ganglia, version 1.0.0
- Common authentication library caNl++, version 1.0.1
Source code for main components is available from:
Documentation source (mostly LaTeX) is available from:
Source for metapackages is available from:
Source for Nagios probes is available from:
Source for the common authentication library caNl++ is available from:
Source for gangliarc is available from::
See detailed description at
These repositories provide binary packages for:
- Debian: 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0 (i386 and amd64)
- Fedora: from 3 to 22 (i386 and x86_64)
- RedHat: EL4, EL5, EL6 and EL7 (i386 and x86_64)
- Ubuntu: 8.04, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.04,
13.10, 14.04, 14.10, 15.04 and 15.10 (i386 and amd64)
Scientific Linux and RedHat are implicitly supported through corresponding