Release Announcement for NorduGrid ARC 15.03 update 4
September 28, 2015
This is a bugfix release, addressing several bugs discovered since release
NorduGrid ARC 15.03 has received an update to:
- core, clients, CE, Infosys and gridftp - from version 5.0.2 to 5.0.3
- documents - from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4
- Nagios plugins - from 1.8.3 to 1.8.4
CAnL C++ and metapackages are unchanged.
ARC Server and core components
The following issues were fixed in the ARC core:
- An issue where the watchdog daemon died with segfault is most likely fixed.
- An issue where submitting many jobs that required stage-in/stage-out caused A-Rex
to segfault was fixed.
- gridftp now uses delayed passive.
- Several issues causing DTR crashes were fixed.
- Additionally several minor issues were fixed, see list of fixed bugs below.
The following issues were fixed in the ARC Information System:
- Improved documentation on manually adding GLUE2 entries
The following issues were fixed in the ARC Clients:
- Compute clients now uses a safer way to generate BDB tmp files.
- Work around blocking semantic when using old Sqlite bindings and
increase lock timeout to 10 s also when using new bindings.
Common authentication library CaNL++
Since ARC 15.03 update 3, the following bugs were (partially) fixed:
- 3470 Watchdog did not restart arched after segfault
- 3473 A-rex crashes after input/output jobs handling
- 3487 ACIX picks up cachedir in arc.conf from nordugridmap section
- 3498 Document how the sysadmin can manually add GLUE2 OSName, OSVersion, OSFamily
- 3501 The presence of acix_endpoint option in arc.conf changes the SURLs of the input files
- 3505 ACIX produces not only acix-cache.log, but also twistd.log
- 3507 DTR crashes, possibly from corrupt file in cache
- 3510 arcstat and arcsub uses unsafe temporary files
- 3511 seg fault in DTR during ACIX/Rucio resolving
- 3512 ARC doesn’t use delayed passive for gridftp
- 3513 submit-pbs-job incorrectly specify local job priority
- There is a memory leak when using Java API for multiple job submission with
files to BES interface.
- The CPU time is not measured correctly for jobs that kill the parent
process, such as some agent-based/pilot (e.g., ALICE)
- JURA will not publish records to the APEL on a standard Debian/Ubuntu
system, because the python-dirq package is not available for them. The
workaround is to build this package from source.
- When using ARC client tools to submit jobs to CREAM, only JSDL can be used
to describe jobs, and the broker type must be set to Null in the client.conf
- ARC GUI (arcjobtool) is not available yet, pending implementation of client
- Standalone client tar-balls for Linux are not yet available.
- Bug 2905 is solved using workaround. Source of problem is not yet
- JURA cannot send/store local user ids
- A-REX can under some circumstances lose connection with CEinfo.pl and go into an infinite loop. The only current workaround is to restart the a-rex service.
ARC release 15.03u4 consists of the following source packages:
- NorduGrid ARC, version 5.0.3 (main components)
- NorduGrid ARC Documents version 2.0.4
- metapackages for client tools, computing element and information index,
- Nagios probes for ARC CE, version 1.8.4
- gangliarc - ARC Computing Element monitoring in ganglia, version 1.0.0
- Common authentication library caNl++, version 1.0.1
Source code for main components is available from:
Documentation source (mostly LaTeX) is available from:
Source for metapackages is available from:
Source for Nagios probes is available from:
Source for the common authentication library caNl++ is available from:
Source for gangliarc is available from::
See detailed description at
These repositories provide binary packages for:
- Debian: 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0 (i386 and amd64)
- Fedora: from 3 to 22 (i386 and x86_64)
- RedHat: EL4, EL5, EL6 and EL7 (i386 and x86_64)
- Ubuntu: 8.04, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.04,
13.10, 14.04, 14.10 and 15.04 (i386 and amd64)
Scientific Linux and RedHat are implicitly supported through corresponding