Release Announcement for NorduGrid ARC 15.03 update 2
June 29, 2015
This is a bugfix release, addressing a few bugs discovered in ARC 15.03 update 1.
NorduGrid ARC 15.03 has received an update to:
- core, clients, CE, Infosys and gridftp - from version 5.0.1 to 5.0.2
- documents - from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2
Nagios plugins, CAnL C++ and metapackages are unchanged.
ARC Server and core components
The following issues were fixed in the ARC core:
- An unbalanced quote in the SLURM scan script that caused all jobs to fail was fixed.
- An issue where Condor.pm and ARC0mod.pm errors lead to bdii broken pipe error was fixed.
- An issue where not all session dirs were drained was fixed.
Common authentication library CaNL++
Since ARC 15.03 update 1, the following bugs were fixed:
- 3047 support for sessiondir=... drain option is missing in new infoproviders
- 3424 Continuous unterminated infoprovider due to Condor.pm and ARC0mod.pm errors lead to bdii broken pipe error
- 3462 problems with scan-SLURM-job script
- There is a memory leak when using Java API for multiple job submission with
files to BES interface.
- The CPU time is not measured correctly for jobs that kill the parent
process, such as some agent-based/pilot (e.g., ALICE)
- JURA will not publish records to the APEL on a standard Debian/Ubuntu
system, because the python-dirq package is not available for them. The
workaround is to build this package from source.
- When using ARC client tools to submit jobs to CREAM, only JSDL can be used
to describe jobs, and the broker type must be set to Null in the client.conf
- ARC GUI (arcjobtool) is not available yet, pending implementation of client
- Standalone client tar-balls for Linux are not yet available.
- Bug 2905 is solved using workaround. Source of problem is not yet
- JURA cannot send/store local user ids
- A-REX can under some circumstances lose connection with CEinfo.pl and go into an infinite loop. The only current workaround is to restart the a-rex service.
ARC release 15.03u2 consists of the following source packages:
- NorduGrid ARC, version 5.0.2 (main components)
- NorduGrid ARC Documents version 2.0.2
- metapackages for client tools, computing element and information index,
- Nagios probes for ARC CE, version 1.8.2
- gangliarc - ARC Computing Element monitoring in ganglia, version 1.0.0
- Common authentication library caNl++, version 1.0.1
Source code for main components is available from:
Documentation source (mostly LaTeX) is available from:
Source for metapackages is available from:
Source for Nagios probes is available from:
Source for the common authentication library caNl++ is available from:
Source for gangliarc is available from::
See detailed description at
These repositories provide binary packages for:
- Debian: 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0 (i386 and amd64)
- Fedora: from 3 to 22 (i386 and x86_64)
- RedHat: EL4, EL5, EL6 and EL7 (i386 and x86_64)
- Ubuntu: 8.04, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.04,
13.10, 14.04, 14.10 and 15.04 (i386 and amd64)
Scientific Linux and RedHat are implicitly supported through corresponding