Release Notes for NorduGrid ARC 15.03 update 19
November 09, 2018
This is a bugfix release, mainly to address how ARC counts HELD jobs in Condor.
The request was made through discussions in the wlcg-arc-ce-discuss email list.
In addition, this release includes some packaging related changes, and a couple
of other small bugfixes.
NorduGrid ARC 15.03 has received an update to:
- core, clients, CE, Infosys and gridftp - from version 5.4.2 to 5.4.3
- documents - from 2.0.19 to 2.0.20
Gangliarc, Nagios plugins and metapackages are unchanged.
The following issues were fixed:
ARC Server and core components
- Before this change all jobs in HOLD state were counted as queued.
With this change, Condor jobs in HOLD state are only counted as QUEUED if
HoldReasonCode == 16, otherwise they are counted as SUSPENDED (Bug 3753).
Since ARC 15.03 update 18, the following bugs were fixed or feature requests were
- 3701 Respect s3 port number
- 3704 GLUE2 ComputingShareFreeSlotsWithDuration format is handled as integer but it's a
string (also GGUS #132829)
- 3705 Add support for RTE arguments in xRSL
- 3725 gm-jobs -h crashes
- 3733 ACIX uses method removed from latest python-twisted version
- 3741 arccat is not operational since ARC 5.4.2
- 3753 Condor held jobs should not be counted as queued
GGUS tickets addressed:
- 132829 Help needed to debug ARC-CE information system issue
- 134645 Accounting problem at KIT (patch to relax FQDN demands in condor history file)
- There is a memory leak when using Java API for multiple job submission with
files to BES interface.
- The CPU time is not measured correctly for jobs that kill the parent
process, such as some agent-based/pilot (e.g., ALICE)
- JURA will not publish records to the APEL on a standard Debian/Ubuntu
system, because the python-dirq package is not available for them. The
workaround is to build this package from source.
- When using ARC client tools to submit jobs to CREAM, only JSDL can be used
to describe jobs, and the broker type must be set to Null in the client.conf
- ARC GUI (arcjobtool) is not available yet, pending implementation of client
- Standalone client tar-balls for Linux are not yet available.
- A-REX can under some circumstances lose connection with CEinfo.pl and go into an infinite loop. The only current workaround is to restart the a-rex service.
- twistd, the underlying engine for ACIX, sometimes logs into rotated ACIX log files.
While all log messages are correctly logged in the main log file, some rotated log
files may receive new log messages.
- submit-*-job do not have permission to write performance metrics to log.
- authorizedvo=<voname> will no longer create a list of VOs under each Share. As a consequence,
EMIES WS clients can no longer find a queue by VO name the same way as in previous versions
of ARC due to changes in the GLUE2 schema rendering.
ARC release 15.03u19 consists of the following source packages:
- NorduGrid ARC, version 5.4.3 (main components)
- NorduGrid ARC Documents version 2.0.20
- metapackages for client tools, computing element and information index, version 1.0.7
- Nagios probes for ARC CE, version 1.9.1
- gangliarc - ARC Computing Element monitoring in ganglia, version 1.0.2
- jura_to_es - Jura logs to ElasticSearch, version 1.0.0
Source code for main components is available from:
Documentation source (mostly LaTeX) is available from:
Source for metapackages is available from:
Source for Nagios probes is available from:
Source for gangliarc is available from:
Source for jura_to_es is available from:
See detailed description at
These repositories provide binary packages for:
- Debian: 7.0 to 9.0 (i386 and amd64)
- Fedora: from 12 to 29 (i386 and x86_64)
- CentOS: EL6 (i386 and x86_64) and EL7 (x86_64)
- Ubuntu: 12.04 to 18.10 (i386 and amd64)
Scientific Linux and RedHat are implicitly supported through corresponding CentOS repositories.
Details of previous releases can be found at the ARC Releases page