Release Notes for NorduGrid ARC 15.03 update 17
October 12, 2017
This is a bugfix release, addressing bugs discovered since release 15.03u16.
Most work this time has happened in the ARC client. Se details below.
NorduGrid ARC 15.03 has received an update to:
- core, clients, CE, Infosys and gridftp - from version 5.4.0 to 5.4.1
- documents - from 2.0.17 to 2.0.18
Gangliarc, Nagios plugins and metapackages are unchanged.
The following issues were fixed:
ARC Server and core components
- Gridftp and EMI-ES job states were inconsistent. Example: If a job was in Pending:ACCEPTED
in A-REX (because of limits on number of accepted jobs) the state was reported as ACCEPTED
in gridftp but as OTHER in EMI-ES. EMI-ES state is now instead reported as ACCEPTED.(Bug
- When the 'force' flag was used with arcget, existing files were not overwritten when
retrieveing jobs. Now existing job files, if any, are overwritten. (Bug 3673).
- When using API several jobs were submitted with different credentials, those credentials
were not properly propagated to server causing the job owner to be wrongly identified. (Bug
- Missing job priority in the ADL jobdescription. Now high priority jobs from ATLAS can be
pushed to the front of the batch system queue and data staging priority can be controlled.
- Wrongly set status of killed jobs prevented cleaning of jobs. (Bug 3689).
Since ARC 15.03 update 16, the following bugs were fixed:
- There is a memory leak when using Java API for multiple job submission with
files to BES interface.
- The CPU time is not measured correctly for jobs that kill the parent
process, such as some agent-based/pilot (e.g., ALICE)
- JURA will not publish records to the APEL on a standard Debian/Ubuntu
system, because the python-dirq package is not available for them. The
workaround is to build this package from source.
- When using ARC client tools to submit jobs to CREAM, only JSDL can be used
to describe jobs, and the broker type must be set to Null in the client.conf
- ARC GUI (arcjobtool) is not available yet, pending implementation of client
- Standalone client tar-balls for Linux are not yet available.
- A-REX can under some circumstances lose connection with CEinfo.pl and go into an infinite loop. The only current workaround is to restart the a-rex service.
- twistd, the underlying engine for ACIX, sometimes logs into rotated ACIX log files.
While all log messages are correctly logged in the main log file, some rotated log
files may receive new log messages.
- submit-*-job do not have permission to write performance metrics to log.
- authorizedvo=<voname> will no longer create a list of VOs under each Share. As a consequence,
EMIES WS clients can no longer find a queue by VO name the same way as in previous versions
of ARC due to changes in the GLUE2 schema rendering.
ARC release 15.03u17 consists of the following source packages:
- NorduGrid ARC, version 5.4.1 (main components)
- NorduGrid ARC Documents version 2.0.18
- metapackages for client tools, computing element and information index, version 1.0.7
- Nagios probes for ARC CE, version 1.9.1
- gangliarc - ARC Computing Element monitoring in ganglia, version 1.0.2
- jura_to_es - Jura logs to ElasticSearch, version 1.0.0
Source code for main components is available from:
Documentation source (mostly LaTeX) is available from:
Source for metapackages is available from:
Source for Nagios probes is available from:
Source for gangliarc is available from:
Source for jura_to_es is available from:
See detailed description at
These repositories provide binary packages for:
- Debian: 7.0 to 9.0 (i386 and amd64)
- Fedora: from 12 to 26 (i386 and x86_64)
- CentOS: EL6 (i386 and x86_64) and EL7 (x86_64)
- Ubuntu: 12.04, 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04, 14.10, 15.04, 15.10, 16.04, 16.10 and 17.04 (i386 and amd64)
Scientific Linux and RedHat are implicitly supported through corresponding CentOS repositories.
Details of previous releases can be found at the ARC Releases page