ARC v13.02 update 3 Release Notes
July 19, 2013
This is a bug fix release, addressing problems with the ARC data tools and
dCache HTTPS in addition to a backlog of older minor bugfixes.
NorduGrid ARC 13.02 has received an update to:
- core, clients, CE, Infosys and gridftp - from version 3.0.2 to 3.0.3
- documents - from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3
- metapackages - from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7
Nagios plugins and CAnL C++ are unchanged.
All blocking issues for ARC data tools to use dCache through HTTPS are now fixed:
- Non-partial put is now default
- Redirection for HTTP PUT is now allowed
Some other bugs where fixed, see below.
ARC Compute Element
Fixed a typo for ServiceLevel attribute in JURA. JURA can now successfully register
records in APEL. Some other bugs where fixed, see below.
Some bugs where fixed in ARC Clients, see below.
Since ARC 13.02 u2, the following bugs were fixed:
- 2416 problems with arc data tools and dCache https
- 3154 Allow option of separate log file for WS interface and grid-manager
- 3172 Submission via 'org.ogf.bes' interface seams failed to pass user's proxy certificate to authplugin
- 3177 Missing Glue1CEImplementationName in ARC Glue1 rendering
- 3181 Dangling .meta causes problems
- 3186 src:nordugrid-arc: uses deprecated find -perm +0123
- 3197 Problems with ServiceLevel in accounting records
- 3199 arcsync doesn't find any jobs
- 3200 Checksum comparison is sometimes not done when downloading input files
- 3206 using (middleware >= nordugrid-arc-x.y.z) doesn't work
- 3215 Different information endpoints publish different implementation names
- 3217 CentOS/SL6 package not create /var/spool/arc directory
- 3218 Things break in condor backend when config file is not in default location
- 3219 make use_ssl: false/true directly configurable for JURA from arc.conf
GGUS tickets solved:
- 92862 ARC job manager (2.0.1-1.el5) stops when data transfers fail
- There is a memory leak when using Java API for multiple job submission with files to BES interface.
- The CPU time is not measured correctly for some jobs (e.g., ALICE) when using some of the back-ends
(e.g., LoadLeveler and SLURM). The SGE backend is not affected.
- JURA will not publish records to the APEL on a standard Debian/Ubuntu
system, because the python-dirq package is not available for them. The
workaround is to build this package from source.
- arcmigrate is currently non-functional
- Jobs submitted through EMI ES cannot be renewed or resumed
- When using ARC client tools to submit jobs to CREAM, only JSDL can be used
to describe jobs, and the broker type must be set to Null in the client.conf
- ARC GUI (arcjobtool) is not available yet, pending implementation of client
- Standalone client tar-balls for Linux are not yet available.
- Bug 2905 is solved using workaround. Source of problem is not yet identified.
ARC release 13.02 update 3 consists of the following source packages:
- NorduGrid ARC, version 3.0.3 (main components)
- NorduGrid ARC Documents version 1.3.3
- metapackages for client tools, computing element and information index,
- Nagios probes for ARC CE, version 1.6.0
- Common authentication library caNl++, version 1.0.0
Source code for main components is available from:
Documentation source (mostly LaTeX) is available from:
Source for metapackages is available from:
Source for Nagios probes is available from:
Source for the common authentication library caNl++ is available from:
See detailed description at
These repositories provide binary packages for:
- Debian: 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 (i386 and amd64)
- Fedora: from 3 to 19 (i386 and x86_64)
- RedHat: EL4, EL5 and EL6 (i386 and x86_64)
- Ubuntu: 8.04, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10 and 13.04 (i386 and amd64)
Scientific Linux and CentOS are implicitly supported through corresponding
Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X versions are available from same repositories for
clients and some services.